You probably thought we had baby, it's been so long since we've written. We had a great time in Wisconsin. I about gave Mom Rip a heart attack because I got in the pool when the water was still really cold. Boy, did it feel good on my swollen legs and feet. It is nice to be home again. Last week temps were in the upper 90's/low 100's, with a ton of humidity. Thank God for air conditioning. I am still going twice a week for fetal monitoring. Baby's heart rate is in the 140 when resting and 160's when playing. I now know what contraction feel like. I went in for monitoring one day and kept feeling this strange tightening to the left side of my stomach. It kept taking my breath away. The nurse said I was having contractions every nine minutes. They did go away after an our or so. I don't feel anything to the right side of my stomach, so that should make labor rather interesting. I am going to try to upload some pictures from the weekend in Wisconsin. Everyone keeps asking me if I have everything I need. I'm really not sure because I don't know what all babies need. We do have a swing, play pen/bassinet, car seat, and bounce seat. I have a few onesies, a blanket and a sleep sac. I have one bottle that I got for buying clothes at Motherhood maternity store and a kitchen drawer full of bibs. Like I said it's hard to prepare when you don't know the sex. I found the cutest little tie with puppes on it at a garage sale. It was so tempting to buy. This next weekend we are going to arrange Baby's room, so maybe it will feel a little more real to me. I'm going to go grab a bite to eat now. Thanks for all your prayer, thoughts, and encouraging words during this fun time in our lives!!
Love, Mommy Rip
Good talking to you today Lois. I am glad to be back here! Your picture is wonderful to see.
ReplyDeleteWhat a Joy for us to experience with you too. Love ya G